Ok everyone, this is the last week to submit your questions. So if you are reading this now, text your husband or wife for a quick question. I know, I know, its an extra step, but you never know who it could help. (See this post for the full details). Back to the blog...
So LDS.org had a great article recently from a blogger about #PrayforAmerica and what the real meaning is. If you didn't read it, here is a summation:
This world needs more than a vain repetition. It needs men and women of faith. It needs those who will stand up for truth and righteousness even when evil and sadness surround us.
So in the article's inspired theme, I will add a prayer and a testimony.
I pray that we can heal from the pain we have felt over these last few months. I feel like my black mourning band has seen more time on my badge than should ever do. I pray we can be uplifted by the revelation of our Lord. I pray that we will feel the power of the gospel to teach and bless others. I pray that the Lord will bless your families and protect them from the evil in the world.
I bear my testimony that the Lord has a plan for us. Even in the darkest hour, the Lord is there. Those who struggle to understand this concept need love and encouragement to show them the truth. We are all children of God. I know this to be true. Even the worst person you know matters to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I testify that you matter to the Lord. Your service in your career along with your faithfulness in the gospel provide hope and guidance for this world. I testify that this gospel is the only way you can find the complete happiness the Lord has promised all His children. I testify that Jesus Christ loves you (even if you don't love yourself).
I hope you find the joy this week. Commit yourself to do something more than wishing on a star and I know you will find the joy. Remember, faith without works is dead!
Godspeed, LEOs.
-LDS Sheepdog


No comments:
Post a Comment