A Thinner Blue Line

A Thinner Blue Line

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Two Masters, One Advantage

Well, I hope everyone enjoyed the Spouse Q&A.  I certainly want to keep that up!  Keep up the comments!

So today's issues are still out there.  Don't even bother getting on a media feed right now for further proof.  Sometimes I feel like the world is just screaming over and over again.  There is a definite dichotomy in our world.  And yet, the dichotomy is not so severe that people can't just to the other side.  Seriously, you aren't set in any ways you can't jump out of.  Yes it is true that you cannot serve two masters.  And yes if you aren't serving the Lord, you are serving Satan.  BUT... you can decide what side you are always.

Today, I had a lesson in listening.  Some spiritual words and thoughts I really felt the spirit.  I loved every minute of the lesson.  Some issues, I was not paying attention.  I missed the mark and had to be reminded of the reason I was there.  Yes I can be specific but today I will be cryptic.  Sorry.  Point is, neither of my choices was the end.  None of the good or bad choices were the end.  I am still making choices as you read.  Including the choice to make sure to complete my thoughts before it is Monday and you all get upset that I forgot to update the blog again.  But back to the post...

Satan really likes it when we feel like our options have run out.  That trapped feeling means we often react with "primal" instincts instead of strategy.  Satan wants us to be reacting instead of acting.  He wants us to forget to take a breath and go condition black.  That's when we make mistakes and stray off the course... to the wrong master.

Now we have some advantages with that "primal" instinct with all the training in our line of work.  We can take a deep breath.  We have partners tap us out.  We have tools and we often use them.  Even the worst training scar can be removed.  It takes a ton of effort and often support, but we can do it.  So let's apply that.  Satan wants us to mess up and spiral.  He wants us so distracted on our shortcomings and fears that we don't reach back out for help.  He wants us to think that no one is looking out for us.  No back up, just reactionary movements.  Christ sunk lower that all of us so he could lift us up.  Christ provided a way even when we make all the wrong turns.  He continually reaches out to us.

Satan is at a disadvantage.  Even if he manages to get you on the wrong path, you can still repent and come back.  Even when you made a horrible choice, you can make things right.  Even when the world screams, "Pick a side! No, pick this side!" you can take a breath and make a smart choice.  Don't go code black.  The opposition is losing.  Badly.  It only seems like Satan is winning because we can't see the end.  You always have the advantage of either doing good and continue good, or messing up and trying to do better.  I know you all don't fear much in the field.  So stop fearing off the field.

LEOs, know how much your Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ care about you personally.  Nothing can take your testimony away from you, you can only let it fade.  Dust it off, strap it on, and go to work.

Godspeed LEOs.

-LDS Sheepdog

No comments:

Post a Comment