A Thinner Blue Line

A Thinner Blue Line

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Jumpstart

So this week I am attempting to make up for my absence last week. We get busy sometimes and I am using that general excuse. Moving on...

Are we in atrophy in the gospel? Harsh I know. But really are we in atrophy? Are you feeling the spirit?

Some of you out there are fresh in the LEO world and others are old salty dogs. And the rest of you fall somewhere in between. But no matter where you fall in that category, all of us need a reality check and to update ourselves. Just because you were taught one way doesn't mean that's the only way. And also just because you've always done it a certain way doesn't mean that's the best way.  And so it works the same with the gospel.

I know I've had to seriously ponder this recently.  Are we coasting or are we progressing? Of course the hope is that we're never digressing. But even if you are, there's ways to get back.

Start by jumpstarting yourself. Heck, you have enough time to read this take some extra time to read some scriptures! Ponder your fast offerings. Ponder your tithing. Get your family prayers in order. But more than anything commit yourself to something. And if what you're committing yourself to seems weak, step it up and go bigger!

Also, don't worry if it seems daunting. I've had to do this process a ton of times and I'm clearly not there yet. The reasoning behind my bluntness is to bring about the observance of self. Sounds pretty touchy-feely but if you are unaware of where you're lacking then you can't ever hope to improve. Even reading this you probably have already thought of what you need to do. Write it down and do it. Writing this just now made me think of another thing to do so I will take my own advice.  And just as the Missionaries would say, you're going to have to keep yourself accountable. So make a date for you to check with yourself to see if you're still improving.

I hope this helps. I also hope today's post makes up for my lack of post last week. And I hope nobody takes offense to my bluntness. Though I imagine you are pretty thick skinned by now.

Godspeed LEOs.

-LDS Sheepdog

No comments:

Post a Comment