As I opened this to start writing, I pondered this scriptural message from Joseph Smith:
"No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing.... The truth of God will go forward boldly, nobly, and independent."
Wait, what in the world is this all about, LDSSheepdog? First you ask about how I am doing and then tell me the gospel goes on through everything? What are you getting at?
Alright, you know me to well. I love a good leading statement.
So here is the deal: whether or not you are ready, the gospel is progressing. So how your year is going (put bluntly and insensitively) does not matter... at least as far as the Gospel of Jesus Christ goes. You matter of course but I will get to that.
We see the terrible calamities of this world daily. We hear the degradation of every religion, race, marital status, and the like. We see the sadness and stress of sin. We hear the cries of loss. The prophesies of old discussing the state of the world seem to be ever in our view. But the promise is sure: the gospel will still progress.
We are seen as both the devil and a savior to the world. We are plagued by harsh policy and regulations. We have frustrations with political leaders. We face constant scrutiny of our work, even when we do the right thing. Our families face challenges from our work. And yet, the gospel continues.
Now before you call me names for bringing down the joy of these posts, remember, you are in this gospel. Your efforts increase the progression of the gospel. You matter. Yes, the work will go on without you but you aren't without the gospel. Take courage and keep reading.
The sadness for the state of world is somehow better knowing the gospel pierces even the most hardened heart. Fear of man seems just a little less scary knowing the Lord is upholding your life as you strive to do what is right. Family struggles dissipate with the glowing warmth of gospel teachings. Evils that appear impossible to avoid are easier to navigate with the gospel's blessings of discernment. The work will go forth... and you can go forth with it!
Don't despair. You matter to the Lord. He needs no "#" to show it to you. So now that 4 months are down, you only have eternity to go! Today is His day (literally) but you can make everyday a day for Him. Let's get creative. I am sure you have all used the spirit of the law to find a better solution at work. Do the same for your gospel work. Go to the temple. Attend an ordinance. Do service. Have Family Home Evening. Read gospel doctrine. Pray. Teach. Better yet, do any of these with a friend! Don't wait for the gospel because that car is going code 3. Be the Lord's fill as you know He is yours (if you don't know what I mean, read the last post). Its May Day. Celebrate a change in seasons with a change of attitude/dedication. You matter.
Godspeed LEOs.
-LDSSheepdog
I post these for all of you and myself. Got a question, comment or story? Email me. I want to make this a place where we can grow together. The topics from you influence almost all of the posts. And no, I don't say who it is unless you say so.
No comments:
Post a Comment